I was inspired to make my own version of kale chips after tasting some great kale chips that my family and I purchased at the Garlic Festival in Riverhead in September.
These kale chips have a cheesy, spicy flavor to them, and the kids love them! They are crunchy, completely vegan, and make a very healthy snack!
Spicy Kale Chips
recipe by Jacqueline Gutierrez, MS, MSEd, RD, CDN
1 large bunch kale, rinsed, dried with a paper towel, and torn into 1.5″ to 2″ pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, sliced
1/2 lemon, skin and seeds removed
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1) Preheat oven to 205 degrees F.
2) Line three to four large baking pans with parchment paper.
3) Blend together all ingredients except for the kale in a food processor.
4) In a large bowl, mix the sauce with the kale by hand.
5) Spread out the kale on the baking pans.
6) Bake for 60 to 120 minutes, until kale is crunchy.
7) Enjoy! You will likely want to make these again and again because they are so delicious! They are a great way to get your kids to enjoy kale!