This morning, I made delicious gluten-free, dairy-free blueberry and strawberry waffles. They were so delicious; everyone was eating them as they came off the waffle item.
Here is the recipe I developed:
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Berry Waffles
1 cup almond flour
1 cup millet flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup ground organic flax
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2.5 tsp baking powder
1 cup liquid egg substitute
2 cups soymilk
2 tsp vanilla
0.75 cup blueberries
0.75 cup chopped strawberries
walnut oil cooking spray
Note: Preheat your waffle iron after measuring and before mixing all the ingredients together.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix all liquid ingredients together in a second bowl
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Mix in the chopped strawberries and the blueberries.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with a thin layer of walnut oil cooking spray.
- Place around 1/2 cup of the batter onto each side of the waffle iron (for 2 waffles).
- Wait 5-6 minutes before removing the waffles.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 until all the batter is used.